Prajna Zendo Intensive Retreats
Prajna Zendo is not a residential or monastic center. All of our members and teachers have work in the world. Still, our intention is to offer a range of practice opportunities, so that those who want a taste of Zen teaching and practice can be served, as well as those who want intensive practice.
In addition to our weekly schedule of zazen and dharma talks, we offer seven retreats during the year: three 3-day sesshins (retreats), two 7-day sesshins, and one 1-day zazenkai and a Practice Weekend. Each of these retreats includes zazen, teaching through talks, workshops, and private teacher-student interviews.
|3 Day Sesshin||February 18 - 21, 2016|
|Zazenkai||March 20, 2016|
|8 Day Sesshin||April 24 - May 1, 2016|
|3 Day Sesshin||September 22 - 25, 2016|
|Zazenkai||October 23, 2016|
|Rohatsu||November 27 - December 4, 2016|
- Click here for a registration form. Make sure you call or email Roshi ahead to reserve a space for the retreat of your choice.
- Lodging is available or you may commute for sesshins.
- Since we all have obligations and families, signing up for a partial retreat is permitted.
- All of our retreats are silent.
- Please wear dark, muted clothing so as not to distract anyone.
- Zazenkai, or 1-day retreats start at 9am and end at approximately 4:30pm.
- Sesshin cost includes food.
- We practice oryoki at sesshins and have bowls and instruction for those who need them. You may bring your own bowls if you have them.
- We now accept credit cards at the zendo.
New Year's Day Service & Breakfast
*Lodging(call or email for more information):
$25 (byo lunch)
Dana: Please consider giving dana (a donation) to the teacher(s). A suggested donation would be $50 or more. Please note this donation on your check or cash envelope. Our teachers will greatly appreciate it.