Prajna Zendo Intensive Retreats
Prajna Zendo is not a residential or monastic center. All of our members and teachers have work in the world. Still, our intention is to offer a range of practice opportunities, so that those who want a taste of Zen teaching and practice can be served, as well as those who want intensive practice.
In addition to our weekly schedule of zazen and dharma talks, we offer seven retreats during the year: three 3-day sesshins (retreats), two 7-day sesshins, and one 1-day zazenkai and a Practice Weekend. Each of these retreats includes zazen, teaching through talks, workshops, and private teacher-student interviews.
Teachers and senior students at Prajna Zendo are always ready to discuss these retreats with anyone who would like more information. Those with limited experience in sitting zazen should contact Daishin Sensei at 505-660-3045. For more information or to reserve a space at a retreat, you can call Shungetsu at 505-919-9596, or email her at .
September 25-28, 2014
October 26, 2014
November 30-December 7, 2014
- Click here for a registration form. Make sure you call or email Shungetsu ahead to reserve a space for the retreat of your choice.
- Lodging is available or you may commute for sesshins.
- Since we all have obligations and families, signing up for a partial retreat is permitted.
- All of our retreats are silent.
- Please wear dark, muted clothing so as not to distract anyone.
- Zazenkai, or 1-day retreats start at 9am and end at approximately 4:30pm.
- Sesshin cost includes food.
- We practice oryoki at sesshins and have bowls and instruction for those who need them. You may bring your own bowls if you have them.
- We now accept credit cards at the zendo.
New Year's Day Service & Breakfast
*Lodging(call or email for more information):
$25 (byo lunch)
Dana: Please consider giving dana (a donation) to the teacher(s). A suggested donation would be $50 or more. Please note this donation on your check or cash envelope. Our teachers will greatly appreciate it.